Tooth loss can have a severe impact on the health and appearance of your smile, not to mention your self-esteem…
Whether you are after beauty, comfort, reliability, or overall health, Taylor Dental Implants and Aesthetics in Southport will help you achieve your dental goals. If you’re missing a tooth you may be wondering what options are available for you to regain your oral health and your healthy smile. At Taylor Dental Implants and Aesthetics, we have a variety of options to suit our patient’s individual needs, circumstances and preferences.
What treatment options are available for missing teeth?
Supported by the latest technology and executed with expert precision, Dr Mark Taylor offers a wide range of dental implant treatment options. Depending on your individual requirements, you may wish to consider one of the following treatment options:
- Single tooth replacement
- All on four treatment
- Immediate tooth replacement with implant
Let’s breakdown these treatment options
Each tooth plays a highly important role in your oral health and appearance, and it is important to address cases of single tooth loss as soon as possible. A popular solution to single tooth loss is a crown supported by a dental implant. Dr Mark Taylor can utilise a single dental implant to form a solid foundation for your beautiful new crown restoration.
The benefits of single tooth replacement…
The great thing about this technique is that single dental implant placements are minimally invasive and should not impact on the integrity of your remaining natural teeth.
What’s more, aesthetics aside, single tooth loss can have a dramatic influence on your oral and overall health as:
- Teeth strengthen and protect the quality of the jawbone and just a single tooth lost can cause deterioration of your jawbone material.
- A single lost tooth can cause your existing teeth to migrate from position- leading to aesthetic concerns and even a distorted bite.
- Single tooth loss can also put a strain on the surrounding jaw muscles and this can lead to uncomfortable headaches and migraines.
Dental implants offer a way to keep dentures in place and allow you to go about your daily life with confidence. A regular denture rests on the gums and is not supported by implants. An implant-supported denture is suitable when a person doesn’t have any teeth left, but has enough bone in the jaw to support implants.
Benefits of over dentures
- Restores proper chewing, allowing a better diet and improved health
- Can improve speech and confidence
- Increases comfort with less irritation of gum tissue
- Ends the cost and inconvenience of denture adhesives
- Often we can use your existing denture
- Minimally invasive procedure
All on 4
If you have had the misfortune of total tooth loss in your upper or lower arch, or if wobbly dentures are impacting your livelihood, then our All on 4 option may be the most appropriate choice for you.
- A suitable choice for those with reduced jaw bone material
- A comprehensive solution to total tooth loss
- A stable restoration
- A smile that is restored, smile aesthetics and stability
Whether your tooth loss is a result of an oral trauma or disease, at Taylor Dental Implants and Aesthetics we understand that you may not want to wait months to have your smile restored to full functionality, aesthetics and comfort. For this reason, among a variety of other great benefits listed below, immediate tooth replacement with implant restorations may be the most appropriate option for you.
Immediate tooth replacement benefits
- A highly durable and stable restoration
- Full aesthetic restoration
- Minimisation of the tooth movement associated with tooth loss
- Reduction in the bone deterioration associated with tooth loss
So which option should you choose?
Dr Mark Taylor can work with you to discover which treatment option best suits your individual needs and requirements. After a full mouth assessment we will examine your teeth and mouth to determine the most appropriate treatment for the best end result!